Indigent Services


Welcome to Canyon County Indigent Services. Per 2022 state legislation and House Bill 735, financial assistance is limited and is no longer available for payment of medical expenses. Cremation assistance is available.

As of May 23, 2022, our front office will be permanently closed. A secured drop box is available to make a payment or drop off documents. For questions or to speak to the Indigent Services department, please
call (208) 454-7419 to leave a message or email at

Those receiving assistance may be required to reimburse the program.  Reimbursement payments to Canyon County Indigent Services can be made using one of the following options:

Online: Pay Online >
Fees: 2.39% of payment amount (minimum $2.00) to be paid by the customer for each credit or debit card transaction; $1.00 to be paid by the customer for each electronic check.
Phone: 1 (844) 323-8119
Mail: Canyon County Indigent Services, 111 N. 11th Avenue, Suite 340, Caldwell, ID 83605
Bank: Your banking institution can assist you in setting up an automatic monthly payment from your checking or savings account to be mailed to the County.
Drop Box: A secured drop box is located on the 3rd floor, West end of the Public Administration Building.

If a family member or friend has passed and assistance is needed to pay for their cremation, please complete and provide an Application for Cremation Assistance.  You may mail or hand deliver a completed application to our secured drop box: Canyon County Indigent Services, 111 N. 11th Avenue, Suite 340, Caldwell, ID 83605.  You may also email the application to:  An interview will be conducted to determine if the requirements of indigency and residency are met.

Application for Cremation Assistance pdf

Rental/Utility assistance is not available at this time.

The funds available through Canyon County Indigent Services are levied annually from property taxation. Idaho law requires that receipt of financial assistance pursuant to this chapter shall obligate an applicant to reimburse the obligated county and the board for such reasonable portion of the financial assistance paid on behalf of the applicant as the county commissioners may determine that the applicant is able to pay from resources over a reasonable period of time.  Cash amounts received shall be prorated between the county and the board in proportion to the amount each has paid. Idaho Code §31-3510A(1).

(All links below are external external)

Program Services Provided Address Phone Website
TVCRC – Treasure Valley Community Resource Center Food, Housing, Support Groups, Utilities, Legal, Education, Elderly Assistance 2412 E Chicago St. Caldwell, ID  83605 (208)459-9263
WICAP – Western Idaho Community Action Partnership Education, Housing, Emergency Serv. (Clothing, Heating Food) Employment, Income Management 502 Main St.           Caldwell, ID  83606 (208)454-0675
CCOA – Canyon County on Aging Assistance to Elderly, Disabled, Low Income:  Weatherization, Medicare Education, Food Program 304 N. Kimball Ave. Caldwell, ID  83605 (208)459-0063                         
Salvation Army Nampa Food, Shelter, 403 12th Ave. S. Nampa, ID  83651 (208)467-6586
St. Vincent De Paul Society Food, Shelter, Prescription Assistance, Utilities, Household Goods, Transportation, Clothing 3719 Cleveland Blvd. Caldwell, ID  83605 Caldwell:                            Eng:  (208)919-2940             Spn:  (208)571-2160 Nampa:   (208)466-3400
Nampa Housing Authority Affordable Housing 211 19th Ave. N.     Nampa, ID  83687 (208)466-2601
Caldwell Housing Authority Affordable Housing 22730 Farmway Rd. Caldwell, ID 83606 (208)459-2232
Idaho Housing and Finance Association Rental Assistance, Homelessness  Assistance   Housing Hotline:                    1-877-438-4472                         1-800-545-1833
SICHA – Southwestern Idaho Cooperative Housing Authority Rental Assistance, Low Income Housing 377 Cornell St. Middleton, ID 83644 (208)585-9325
CATCH – Charitable Assistance to Community’s Homeless Homeless Prevention, Rental Assistance, May help provide first month rent or deposit on new home 306 2nd Street South Nampa, ID 83651 (208)442-5300
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Rent, Temporary Housing, Referrals to non-profit & government agencies for assistance.   Canyon County:    (208)331-4754…/u-s-department-of-housing-and-urban-development

Self-Rescue Manual

Idaho Care Line

Idaho Health Insurance Exchange

Crime Victims Compensation Program

Prescription Assistance 


111 N. 11th Ave Suite 340 Caldwell, ID 83605

Phone / Fax

P 208-454-7419
F 208-454-6888



Weekdays 8am – 5pm
(excluding holidays)

Yvonne Baker


Eng | Esp